H. Lee White Maritime Museum
Tall Ship OMS Ontario
The H. Lee White Maritime Museum has been serving the Central New York area since 1982. Open all year, we offer a wide variety of educational programs for all ages, most are free and open to the community.
Preserving and presenting the diverse maritime history of the Oswego harbor and surrounds, the Museum complex consists of indoor & outdoor exhibits, galleries, the Treasure Chest Gift Shop and a fleet of historic vessels the length of Oswego's West First Street Pier.
Our facility is comprised of several key sites including our Museum building, fleet of historic vessels, and boating education center. The museum houses exhibits and artifacts telling over 400 yrs of regional maritime history.
Vessels docked by the Maritime Pier on West First Street include the National Register of Historic Places 1927 NYS Derrick Boat, the National Historic Landmark WWII Tugboat LT-5, the last American commercial fishing vessel on Lake Ontario Eleanor D, and the replica 19th century schooner Ontario!
WWII Tugboat LT-5
Our organization oversees the physical restoration and educational interpretation of the National Register of Historic Places Oswego West Pierhead Lighthouse.
The Museum is open year round 1:00-5:00 pm, and 10:00-5:00 during the months of July and August.
Designed and Powered by - BlackburnGraphics.com